Protein researchers, we exist for you
We are here to help life scientists change the world (yes indeed!)
• We are developing a set of products to express and purify recombinant proteins 100 times faster compared to the to protein production in living cells.
• We are building out proprietary automated system for protein expression (based on cell-free protein expression) and protein purification (based on aptamers).
• We developed novel Antimicrobial peptides (AMPs) – as an alternative to chemical preservatives – to enhance the shelf-life of food.
• We work with Cell-free Protein Synthesis (CFPS), also known as in vitro protein synthesis or CFPS - to express recombinant protein rapidly within few hours only.
• We work with Aptamers for protein purification due to binding with high affinity and specificity.
• We work with Microfluidics due to the use of fewer reagents, accurate and rapid performance as well as automation and high-throughput protein expression.
Our products and services
SynthEasy - kits for Cell-Free Protein Synthesis (CFPS)
Our E.coli cell-free protein expression kits help life scientists with their protein expression experiments.
Custom protein expression service
We provide our custom protein expression service. We take advantage of our rapid expression platform using Cell-free Protein Synthesis (CFPS). You are then able to proceed faster with your research using that protein, including screening, structural analysis, high-throughput screening, or any other operation you choose.
Antimicrobial peptides (AMPs) for the Food Industry
We provide our proprietary Antimicrobial peptides (AMPs) – as a healthy alternative to the chemical preservatives – to enhance the shelf-life of your food. Use of chemical preservatives that may cause adverse effects on human health may be thus limited.
(In work) Biologics and biosimilars - drug discovery services
Biolinker has the capability to synthesize and evaluate thousands of potential therapeutic protein candidates in parallel. Thus, we accelerate pharmacology and safety assessments during the design and discovery phase of novel biologics and biosimilars.
São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP)
The São Paulo Research Foundation helped transform out team's ideas into marketable products and services. We received funding for our early-stage product development, whereby FAPESP took no equity in our company.
University of São Paulo
Biolinker and the Institute of Chemistry of the University of São Paulo are developing together aptamers as ligands for protein affinity purification. Jointly with the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences of the University, we developed together a project for lyophilization of cell lysates in order to achiebe maximum unility and stability.
We are located in CIETEC - the largest incubator for high-tech companies in Latin America. We benefit from state-of-the-art laboratories of the University of São Paulo (USP) and the Institute of Energy and Nuclear Research (Ipen).
- BSc in Business Administration
Mona Oliveira, PhD, DVM
Chief Science Officer
- Double PhD Degree (Biochemistry & Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies); MSc in Biotechnology, Veterinary Doctor
- Former substitute professor at Federal University of Bahia, i.a. for molecular biology and chemistry
Ricardo Lima Pereira, PhD
Chief Production Officer
- PhD in Biochemistry
- MSc in Medical Biochemistry
- BSc in Chemical Engineering
- Honours Degree in Astrophysics/Astrobiology
Mario Andrés Rodríguez, MSc
- PhD candidate in Biotechnology
- MSc and BSc in Chemistry
Our location and contacts
Biolinker Synthetic Biology, Ltd.
Avenida Professor Lineu Prestes, 2242 ｜ Prédio D ｜ Sala 233
São Paulo - SP
e-mail: yourfriends (AT symbol) biolinker.tech
mob: +55 11 96356 7590 ｜ tel: +55 11 3039 8362 ｜ fax: +55 11 3039 8420
CNPJ (National Registry of Legal Entities ): 31.021.329/0001-62